TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 21-Apr-2015, 4:05 AM   #1
skatingrocker17

Which antenna for getting channels from different directions (apartment)

I'm moving to Canton, Michigan in about a month. I'm from the Toledo, Ohio area which is about 40 miles south of Canton and most of the TV towers in Toledo are about 44 miles away. But, I also want to get my Detroit station which are between 15 and 20 miles away. My apartment balcony is on the second story and faces the south.

What I'm wondering is if I used my Clearstream 2v (I already own this) and faced it towards the south (towards Toledo) is if I could still get my Detroit stations since they're so close and most of the Toledo stations since that's the direction I'm aimed in. I used this antenna in Columbus and had it aimed at Dayton (which is the opposite directions of the TV towers downtown and still managed to get all my Columbus station and Dayton which was about 60 miles. So the antenna did impress me.

I'm wondering the the Winegard MS-2002 would be a better option since it's an omni-directional antenna and none of the stations are really that far away.

Here's the TV fool.

Thanks!
skatingrocker17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-Apr-2015, 9:15 AM   #2
StephanieS

Greetings SkatingRocker,

The Clearstream 2V has VHF support, so you are in good shape there for Toledo's ABC and CBS affiliates.

My suggestion would be to try it. As long as you have an open unobstructed horizon towards Toledo, it may be enough.

Detroit's signals are very strong, so they may be reliable too depending to what extent and if your building is blocking them and if you get too much multipath.

Cheers.
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Apr-2015, 7:05 PM   #3
skatingrocker17

Do you think the Winegard MS-2002 would be a better option? The apartment faces the south so I don't think I'll have any trouble getting most of the main Toledo stations. Especially WNWO which should be easy to get. I'm just thinking I'm not going to get some of the Detroit stations if I face it in the other direction.
skatingrocker17 is offline   Reply With Quote