TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 30-Aug-2016, 10:25 PM   #1
jasonclick

Help with antenna selection

Hi. My report is below. Trying to figure out which antenna to use. I'm not sure if I'll mount in the attic or on our existing satellite dish mount.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e2cb661e407012
jasonclick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-Aug-2016, 10:26 AM   #2
Jake V

I'd likely try an Antennas Direct C2V or an RCA ANT751 pointed at 45 degrees on a compass for the stations that direction. If that does not get ION then move the antenna from 45 degrees towards 10 degrees until you get the stations in that general direction.

It would work best on the existing satellite dish mount, provided it has a clear line of sight from the house facing east-northeast.

If you are trying the attic, it will depend on the roofing materials and other stuff up there. If you have a metal roof or aluminum siding it may not work. I recommend running the coax through the opening to your attic from the antenna to one TV as an experiment before mounting anything. Sometimes you need to try several locations and sometimes moving it a few inches makes all the difference.
Jake V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-Aug-2016, 11:43 AM   #3
jasonclick

Jake- I appreciate the advice. Any big difference in the 2 antenna's you recommended? It appears that one is half the price of the other. If they are basically the same I'd probably go with the less expensive of the 2
jasonclick is offline   Reply With Quote