TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 19-Nov-2015, 12:47 AM   #1
GeorgeIoak

Lost Sacramento 6.1 (KVIE)

My setup hasn't changed in years and I was able to receive all Sacramento channels OK. KVIE broadcasts on real channel 9 and was always a lower signal level that other channels but still able to watch.

We're putting on a new roof so cables got moved and disconnected/reconnected. For some reason I cannot get any signal on 6.1, but have no problem with 6.2, 6.3, and 6.4. I'm at a loss as to how this could be. I also have Dish Network and subscribe to local channels and they are broadcasting 6.1 so the station must still be sending it.

Anyone have any ideas what I can check?
GeorgeIoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Nov-2015, 1:18 AM   #2
MikeBear

What do you mean you can't "receive a signal on 6.1" but you can on 6.2, 6.3, 6.4?

Is this antenna, direct to a TV SET?

If so, try a channel rescan. See what happens
MikeBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Nov-2015, 1:25 AM   #3
GeorgeIoak

I'll have to check if I have a direct feed into the TV. By "no signal" I mean when looking at the signal level meter in the Dish Network system it doesn't show any TV signal yet on the other channels I get a good signal level (more than 80%).
Old 19-Nov-2015, 1:29 AM   #4
MikeBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeIoak View Post
I'll have to check if I have a direct feed into the TV. By "no signal" I mean when looking at the signal level meter in the Dish Network system it doesn't show any TV signal yet on the other channels I get a good signal level (more than 80%).
So, the 6.1 with no signal is the actual Dish satellite feed, OR, a yellow channel OTA feed that you scanned in on your Dish receiver, since some Dish receivers can also do OTA channels? If so, do a new OTA channel rescan on the Dish receiver

It's kinda hard to keep making suggestions, and only get little info replies if you don't lay out all your equipment and how it's hooked up... That would make it much easier to help you.

Can you post a screen pic of the Dish signal meter you are talking about?

Last edited by MikeBear; 19-Nov-2015 at 1:34 AM.
Old 19-Nov-2015, 1:38 AM   #5
GeorgeIoak

I did have the antenna signal split to the TV and DIsh box. The TV was receiving signals fine but the Dish box was still missing 6.1. I did a channel scan on the Dish box and the scan setup page still showed 0 signal level but checking the actual channel revealed a picture (for the 1st time since the problem happened).

Going into and out of the setup screen on the Dish box brought a full signal level displayed on 6.1 so all is well. The only problem seemed to be something odd with the Dish box and channel 6.1.

Weird...
Old 19-Nov-2015, 1:43 AM   #6
MikeBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeIoak View Post
I did have the antenna signal split to the TV and DIsh box. The TV was receiving signals fine but the Dish box was still missing 6.1. I did a channel scan on the Dish box and the scan setup page still showed 0 signal level but checking the actual channel revealed a picture (for the 1st time since the problem happened).

Going into and out of the setup screen on the Dish box brought a full signal level displayed on 6.1 so all is well. The only problem seemed to be something odd with the Dish box and channel 6.1.

Weird...
I think what's likely is when they messed with the coax cables, one didn't get tightened down quite right, or one of them got bent and "notched out" the signal a bit or something. Or even some corrosion which didn't rear it's head until the disconnects/reconnects. I've seen this happen. If you haven't manually run a "check switch", you should.