TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 15-May-2013, 8:59 PM   #1
rmp74006

Suddenly no reception - what's going on?

I have a Winegard antenna & pre-amp combo set up on a 23 foot mast. Both are less than 1 year old. I have been faithfully picking up 2 different PBS channels every day, plus CBS most of the time. This has been over a period of 10 months.

This morning I turned on the TV and got no reception at all, on any channel. I have never experienced this before. I checked all my connections, power to pre-amp, etc. and do not see anything. When I try searching for channels on my TV, my TV responds like there is absolutely no signal coming through at all - in the past, when the TV searches for channels, it would pause for a while on any channel that has even a little signal trying to come through (and it would of course pick up & lock on the channels that have high signal reception).

Any clue what is going on here? Do I have a bad pre-amp? Any help is appreciated.

PS Just in case, here is my signal analysis:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...1dda79c99be7e0
rmp74006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-May-2013, 4:12 PM   #2
teleview

Your other post location is Bartlesille , OK.

And this post is Camden . AR.

Is this correct??

What is the model number of the Winegard antenna??

What is the make and model number of the preamp??
Old 16-May-2013, 8:37 PM   #3
rmp74006

Antenna: 7697P
Preamp: AP8700

Yes this is in Camden, AR. Unfortunately only limited options for good reception, based specifically on where I live & what is available to me for set-up.

Again, I have had no issues with reception until this week, which seems strange. Had the reception been consistently giving me trouble over the last 10 months, I would have assumed I had the wrong antenna, wrong direction, etc.

UPDATE: Beginning this afternoon, everything is coming through again after being out for about 2 days. No problems receiving PBS & CBS.

Question: I just saw an article about some major sun flares that have occurred this week, producing some big sun storms here on earth - could this be affecting reception?
rmp74006 is offline   Reply With Quote