TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 25-Sep-2016, 9:04 PM   #1
Kryptonboy

Reception Help in Burbank, CA

I have a Winegard Platinum Series VHF/UHF HDTV Antenna (HD7698P) atop a mast on my one story home in Burbank. It's currently pointed at 65 degrees according to my compass, and I've had no problems the past few years.

Recently, I'm losing reception every night around 8PM on the 7(.1, .2, .3, etc.) and 13 (.1, .2, .3, etc) channels.

Here is a recent signal test result: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e2cb16397dc419

I think maybe I need an amplifier now, for some reason, that's capable of high input levels.

Does anyone have any insight as to
1. Is this the correct course of action?
2. Models of amplifiers I should consider?

Thank You!
Kryptonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Sep-2016, 9:27 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

If the disruption occurs at exactly the same time every day like clockwork, the problem is due to electrical interference from something on a timer (clock).

If the disruptions occur at, as near as you can tell, the same time relative to sundown, the problem is something on a dusk-to-dawn sensor.

No amplifier will cure either issue as the amp will only amplify the interference as well as the signal.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Sep-2016, 9:50 PM   #3
Kryptonboy

As I'm not home during the weekdays, I just went to both stations on a lark and they both say "No Signal." But usually when I get home I have reception for a few hours.

So if it is a timed interference, am I just screwed out of those 2 stations?

Thanks again!
Kryptonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Sep-2016, 10:14 PM   #4
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Depends on whether or not you can do the detective work and figure out the cause and then resolve it.

I made that specific suggestion based solely on your reported symptoms. You may need to make checks over a longer time span to see if your initially reported premise is correct or not or whether there are wider symptoms not yet observed and reported.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote