TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 20-Nov-2011, 1:45 AM   #1
JeffIckes2001

Reception from the valley. Need help

Greetings everyone. I am looking for help with tv as well as fm reception. Winter is fast approaching and my rabbit ears just do not get the job done. I will be installing it on my roof which is about 25-30 feet high. I might attach it to a chimney, though I am more inclined to screw it to my roof. I ran my coordinates which can be viewed below. Can someone please make a suggestion as to what course to plot? Is there a dual purpose antenna or will I need to purchase separate antennas? Also will I need a pre amplifier or rotor and if so is there a good kit that provides an all in one package to achieve my goals? Here is my information for you to look at. Your help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...ec1254aafe08b7

Thank You,
Jeff
JeffIckes2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Nov-2011, 1:53 AM   #2
JeffIckes2001

TV and FM reception help needed

Hey everyone. I hope that someone here can help me out. I am looking for an antenna that will secure both tv and fm signals. I only have two tv's and neither is a high definition model. Just regular tv's. I would like to install the antenna on my roof or chimney. The height will be between 25-30 feet high. Do I need to use a pre-amplifier or rotor and if so is there a package that you can recommend that has it all? Please remember that fm signal is as important as tv so hopefully there is an all in one package available. If not can you please suggest which path to proceed down? Here are my coordinates. http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...ec1254aafe08b7

Thanks in advance

Jeff
JeffIckes2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Nov-2011, 6:27 PM   #3
Jammer

Hi Jeff

Because ch. 9 is to the south and the usable uhf stations are all to the north/northeast I would suggest two separate antennas so they can be pointed in the proper directions.

You could either a 43XG or any of the 4 bay antennas for the UHF.

For VHF a Winegard PR-5030 or HD-4053P should work but they are directional and will only bring in FM from the south if they're pointed for channel 9.

Otherwise you could use a YA-1713 for channel 9 and get an omnidirectional FM antenna like the HD-6010.
Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote