TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 14-Sep-2018, 2:06 PM   #21
ravindran_eee

Thank you! It sounds like TVFool is probably not reliable when it comes to small height differences. It would make sense. And the problem with trees does not go away! May only make it worse with more cars going across. If playing around with height in the roof does not work, then I will try to bring it down and see if it works.
ravindran_eee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Sep-2018, 8:36 PM   #22
ravindran_eee

Hey, it's me again! Finally got some time to get back on the roof. Took my phone and apparently did not point it properly at 120 degrees. Moved the antenna and very slightly tilted it upwards. Now FOX is coming pretty good without issues. I am still missing PIX11 and ABC. These are VHF-Hi channels. They are pixelated badly and signal keeps fluctuating. These are supposed to be strong signals. May be multipath and need to play around with height more? (I am still waiting to get my additional 5 ft antenna mast). Other question I had is, could it be overloaded? With the preamp gain and the antenna gain itself, can it be overloaded?

UPDATE: We are dealing with remnants of florence and it started raining yesterday evening. Unfortunately FOX is gone again! Hopefully it will come back when weather improves. Or may be slight tweaking of antenna. Got another interesting observation. ABC and PIX11 works perfectly fine when I turn off dimmable lights in the living room! It is the same room where my TV is. My antenna is on the roof though. It seems like this is the culprit which is causing interference. When I turn on the light, the channels pixelate badly, strength keeps fluctuating and channel completely falls off as well. When I turn off the light, it just starts working properly again. Should I plug TV to some other outlet and try? I am not sure what the fix is for this! If I can get this fixed and get FOX by changing directions a bit, my story would come to an end!!

Last edited by ravindran_eee; 18-Sep-2018 at 1:45 PM.
ravindran_eee is offline   Reply With Quote