TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 10-Feb-2010, 5:40 AM   #1
Roy

Antenna for best reception

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...7243d4683a6ed7

A few months back did away with direct tv due to the fact I couldn't get any of my local channels (CBS - ABC - NBC - PBS). Any information regarding the antenna for best reception of these channels would be greatly appreciated. At the top is the link showing my location and current transmitting locations. --- Thanks again for any and all help.

Roy

Last edited by Roy; 10-Feb-2010 at 5:44 AM. Reason: addition: antenna will be mounted 25' on a mast above ground
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Feb-2010, 6:38 AM   #2
mtownsend

Hello and welcome!

Your signals are pretty weak and far away, but I do believe they are receivable with the right rooftop antenna setup. You are actually lucky that all the signals are clustered together nicely (avoids the need to use an antenna rotator).

For this situation, I'd recommend installing either a Winegard HD7698P or Antennacraft HBU-55 on your roof with a pre-amp. The antenna can be pointed south-west (compass heading 227 degrees) to capture most of the channels down into the "red" zone on you tvfool list. The antenna should be mounted at least 4~5 feet above the roof on a sturdy mast.

Some good pre-amps for the job would be the Channel Master 7777, Winegard 8275, or Antennacraft 10G202. If you choose a different amp, be sure to pick one that has a very low Noise Figure rating (should be under 3.0 dB). The lower, the better.
mtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Feb-2010, 8:56 AM   #3
Roy

Antenna for best reception

Many thanks for your information, effort and time. --- In all candor I've visited so many sites that I was beginning to feel like I was at sea in my boat without a rudder just going in circles. --- Thanks again, not only for myself, but for all the info that has been provided to all others. You guys do a great job.

Roy
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote