TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 15-Oct-2014, 1:33 AM   #1
PurpleHaze

Need Help in Omaha, NE

Here is my reference link: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...d243592e7e9854
I live on the top floor of a three story apartment building. My apartment is in the Northeast corner of the building. My TV (a Dynex model number DX-32L100A13) next to a North facing window and my antenna (a GE 24804) is situated on top of the entertainment center. I have moved it around and this seems to provide the best reception and most channels. I am able to get the following channels:
3.1 – KMTV-TV
3.2 – LWN
6.1 – WOWT
6.2 – WOWT-WX
7.1 – KETV-DT
7.2 – KETV-ME
26.1 – NET-HD
26.2 – NET 2
26.3 – NET 3
48.1 – KOHA-LD

I am not able to get the most important channel to me, that being 42.1 KPTM-DT which is the FOX affiliate, which means I am missing my Sunday football  Not quite as important, but I am also not able to get 15.1 KXVO-DT (CW).

Can anyone assist me with this? Do I need a new antenna? Is there some setting in my TV that is preventing me from getting Fox? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
PurpleHaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Oct-2014, 2:00 AM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

You're on the wrong side of the building. In order to receive those stations from the southwest, the signals either have to reflect off something that is on your side of the building or you have to rely on whatever signals can penetrate your building (and anything else in the path). Neither scenario presents very good odds.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Oct-2014, 2:09 AM   #3
PurpleHaze

well crap. Thanks for the quick response but that isn't what I was hoping to hear. Living at the bottom of a hill doesn't help either. I don't have the option of putting an antenna on my roof so I suppose a stronger antenna won't help.
PurpleHaze is offline   Reply With Quote