TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Special Forums > FM Fool Discussion/Database Updates

Notices

Old 6-Jan-2013, 11:04 PM   #1
northern lights

fm 360 hd circular antenna

Anybody know anything about the fm360 hd circular antenna. They claim a paek of 3.2 dbi an range of 55mi. IF true would work well for me. looking for good fm reception. The antenna is made by antenna direct with price of 29.99 shipped to your door. about the same price as other ommi antenna. But there claiming a longer range then most. Thanks
northern lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7-Jan-2013, 2:15 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

You can usually get 50-60 miles out of the simple whip antenna on your car.

Suggested mileages are estimates based on a combination of calculated path loss, antenna gain, an assumption that there are not unfavorable conditions, and the marketing department and are not guarantees.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-Feb-2013, 4:35 AM   #3
Dan4328

For $50 more, you can buy my most favorite radio from BestBuy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Philips+...adio&cp=1&lp=1

Or a lttle cheaper on eBay. It has a very sensitive tuner, extremely small leaking, has good reviews, and receives 5 full power stations 100 miles away (With 2EDGE) and 2 full power stations 150 miles away on the other side of a mountain range 5 to 6 days of the week. It's very good for this thing called "DX" where you get radio stations from other cities over 100 miles away. I have received stations from Savannah, Georgia and Jackson, Mississippi, a little more than 300 miles away, four days after I got it. And the batteries for the remote are included

It really depends on your location, though. But I live in a mini "valley" where there's a 200 feet hill to my north and a 700 foot hill to my south making reception of radio and TV hard, but this thing acts like those hills don't exist one bit.
Dan4328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-Feb-2013, 5:47 PM   #4
darkmatter

I just put that antenna up at my house. I live about 30 miles north of Philly and I love it. All the stations that my wife and I like come in crystal clear. I also get a station on almost every frequency. I have a pretty good recevier that I just got for Christmas not sure if that has anything to do with it. I would recomend this antenna. Good luck to you.
darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-Feb-2019, 5:14 AM   #5
djtpedersen

I've seen quite a few antennas like the one northern lights described. Other manufacturers include Stellar Labs and Digiwave, for example. I bought the Digiwave model a while ago, mounted it in my attic, and was able to pull in a weak station (20+ miles away, 2-edge path, 1.8 kW peak ERP) with relatively little static. Additionally, many of the stations that had no bars showing on the signal strength meter improved to have two or even three bars show with the "tuned" light illuminating for each one. Given how weak a lot of the signals are at my location, I have to admit I am impressed by how well the antenna performs.

Since I use the Digiwave model, I can't exactly say if it would perform the same as Antennas Direct's FM360 model, but given that the construction appears to be identical I'd say it might be worth a try especially at a price like that.

Hope this helps.
Old 23-Mar-2019, 6:25 AM   #6
djtpedersen

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtpedersen View Post
I've seen quite a few antennas like the one northern lights described. Other manufacturers include Stellar Labs and Digiwave, for example. I bought the Digiwave model a while ago, mounted it in my attic, and was able to pull in a weak station (20+ miles away, 2-edge path, 1.8 kW peak ERP) with relatively little static. Additionally, many of the stations that had no bars showing on the signal strength meter improved to have two or even three bars show with the "tuned" light illuminating for each one. Given how weak a lot of the signals are at my location, I have to admit I am impressed by how well the antenna performs.

Since I use the Digiwave model, I can't exactly say if it would perform the same as Antennas Direct's FM360 model, but given that the construction appears to be identical I'd say it might be worth a try especially at a price like that.

Hope this helps.
Also, here's a Wikipedia article that explains these circular antennas:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_antenna