TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 11-Sep-2017, 4:23 PM   #21
shovel99

Continuing...

... harness before getting up on the two story roof to attempt an outside antenna pointed at my one hard to get station 31 miles away, behind some huge power lines.
shovel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Sep-2017, 5:51 PM   #22
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Wet trees moving in the wind. Classic symptom.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Sep-2017, 10:22 PM   #23
shovel99

Smile

Thanks AdTech. So even with 60dB station top of the green, some 30-40 mph wind and light rain and I am going to have dropouts and pixels? I am just surprised when I read here and other blogs that the right antenna in the right place fixes all these issues.

Next step is to try outside antenna, then DB4E inside.

Thanks again.

Paul
Old 12-Sep-2017, 2:08 AM   #24
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
I am just surprised when I read here and other blogs that the right antenna in the right place fixes all these issues.
Well, yes, that is indeed true. The hard part is that the "right place" is somewhere that is not behind the trees.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Nov-2017, 4:19 PM   #25
shovel99

Question Update... 2 antennas working well, but instantaneous signal from 0 to 5 to 10?

HI Guys,
I am making good progress and mostly happy with the antenna setup. I have added an RCA ANT751 simple small Yagi pointed at my one station to the north, at 345 mag and my CM4228HD now pointed to the rest of my stations all situated around 145 Mag to the south. Ideal 3G power passing splitter combining the signals, passes through a ground block and then to Winegard Boost preamp, then 40 foot cable run to second splitter... one leg to an upstairs TV, second leg 80 feet to basement located powered splitter, to three more TV's at cable lengths 20-40 feet.

It all works pretty well until today, which is a cold day, somewhat windy. We are losing leaves now. On several channels sporting 10 bars most of the time, I am having pixelation anywhere from dropping to 5-6 bars down to zero, at almost dropout level, these changes made in seconds or fractions of seconds. What the heck? I made the connections pretty tight. What can be causing this instantaneous dropout on several different stations? I don't see any saucers and little green men hovering over my house sucking up my TV signal like they (really!) do at power stations.
Thanks, Paul
Old 21-Nov-2017, 6:47 PM   #26
shovel99

Question Higher gain narrow field VHF-UHF combo to replace CM4228HD?

Hi Guys,
I am mostly satisfied with my two antenna setup... CM4228 facing 145 Mag south, RCA ANT751 facing 330 Mag to get the one channel north. (Rooftop, 35ft AGL) My quest is now to increase gain to pick up one last low power 4kW station on the same 145 Mag path as the rest of the southern stations. I can only get it to come it enough to flash on screen with 10-20% signal bars and then go away. Here is the question: Is there a single combo antenna to replace the CM4228HD that can have narrow beam, that will increase the gain particularly at chan 49 without losing my two VHF stations 8, 10? hdtvprimer's wonderful website shows the possibility of stacking two CM4228, which would fit on my mast for some additional gain, narrowing field would still fit my needs, keep the VHF channels. But I now have two antennas facing south. If the increased backwave from 2x CM4228 would not pull in the channel at 330 degrees, how do I hook up three antennas? Again, is there a combo with more gain than CM4228 out there? Thanks Again, shovel99

Last edited by shovel99; 21-Nov-2017 at 6:48 PM. Reason: Clarify