TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 10-Feb-2015, 8:40 PM   #1
JTl

Another reception question

Is it better to split the signal 3 ways at the ant vs using a 2-way and another 2-way down the line? I would like to hook up 3 tv's. I also have noticed that one of my tv's that is on the longest run has a problem with Fox, but if I hook up a different tv it works fine. http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...2c15a110ec8ff8

I am using this ant. Not sure if it is the best one to use.

I have cable but this is just for the tv's that only need the basic stations. ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox. I don't want to pay for a stb for each tv
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-02-10 11.04.08.jpg (179.7 KB, 509 views)
JTl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Feb-2015, 9:00 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
I am using this ant. Not sure if it is the best one to use
It depends. Is it aimed at Ft Myers or at Riverview (TSP stations)? It should be fine for Ft Myers, but would greatly benefit from adding a VHF Kit ( https://www.antennasdirect.com/store/Reflectors.html ) for the TSP stations as a number of those are VHF.

Quote:
Is it better to split the signal 3 ways at the ant vs using a 2-way and another 2-way down the line?
It depends. It would likely be better to run a single coax down to your distribution point then install a balanced 3-way splitter there, but we don;t know how your cabling is currently laid out.

Quote:
I also have noticed that one of my tv's that is on the longest run has a problem with Fox,
WHICH Fox station, there are two on your report.

Different tuners have different capabilities for handling semi-impaired signals. Some do okay, some do not as well.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 10-Feb-2015 at 9:03 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Feb-2015, 9:50 PM   #3
JTl

Aimed at Ft Myers. I need to come off the ant for one lead to a bedroom close by, then I have a long run 60', (2-way splitter, one to the bedroom and the other to the long run) to another point which is where I need to junction to two more tvs. As it turns out the "long run" is not getting anything now. Seems like the time of day makes a difference. I think I am just pushing the distance too much. The tv that is giving me fits has a run that is almost 100' from the ant. Thanks for your reply.
Old 11-Feb-2015, 2:24 AM   #4
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

How old is the C2 and how long has been installed in that location?

What is out in front of the antenna? Does it have a clear line of sight back towards Ft Myers?

Your signal analysis says you *should* have plenty of signal in the air at your location for plenty of splitters and coax. Therefore, there's something else wrong and it will require investigation.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Feb-2015, 1:00 PM   #5
JTl

Thanks. There are some trees, but nothing real dense directly in front of the ant. I do get a very good signal except for one bedroom that is at the furthest point. I think it may be a cable issue in that room so i am going to replace it.

The C2 is about 3-4 years old as I recall.