TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 29-Dec-2009, 9:30 PM   #1
pumpkinhead

antennas

I live on Lakeshore Rd. in Dunnvile between south cayuga rd. and yaremy rd.Would a antennas direct give me Buffallo and Toronto.
pumpkinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-Dec-2009, 9:32 PM   #2
pumpkinhead

antenna

I meant to say atennas direct DB8
pumpkinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Dec-2009, 4:37 AM   #3
mtownsend

Hello and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinhead View Post
I live on Lakeshore Rd. in Dunnvile between south cayuga rd. and yaremy rd.Would a antennas direct give me Buffallo and Toronto.
It would really help to see a tvfool analysis for your exact location. I suggest using the Interactive Maps tool here. You can use satellite or hybrid view on the map to zoom into your neighborhood. Drag and drop the marker to be as close as possible to your actual location. When you've got the marker close to your true location, you can hit the "Make Radar Plot" button to generate an analysis summary.

Copy the URL for your report back here so that we can see what the signals look like at your location.

Based on a guess of your location, it seems that the Toronto stations might be blocked by some terrain. That could make it difficult to receive those stations. The Buffalo stations seem to be more of a clear shot.

However, the tvfool report for your exact location (and anticipated antenna height) will tell us how much blockage there is to each of the stations.
mtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote