TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 21-Mar-2014, 2:06 AM   #1
Shift

Gray Hoverman

I recently built a Double Bay gray hoverman and was unable to receive any channels. I thought this was an issue with my design but just in case I started testing voltage. I noticed if I put the positive lead of my multimeter to the elements of the antenna and the negative to a ground it was pulling around 12-21 volts. I checked the TV and put a pin in the ground plug of the outlet and the positive on the outside of the antenna in and I get 60 volts. Is this normal or abnormal?
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-Mar-2014, 7:36 AM   #2
GroundUrMast

It suggests a fault in the TV power supply... But does not prove it. The indication of a digital volt meter is inconclusive because it can be fooled by a static charge or very light capacitive coupled charge.

Most test meters have a very high input impedance and will allow a small insignificant capacitively coupled leakage current to appear as a significant voltage. A specialty test set should be used to check for leakage current. The certified test set will have a complex impedance network that simulates the resistance of a human body... With this as a load, the meter can indicate if an unsafe amount of energy is available.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-Mar-2014, 2:41 PM   #3
teleview

+=>
-----
What is the make and model number of the Tv??

---------------

Are you saying that No antenna system amplifier is connected??

---------------

Go into the Tv Setup Menu and select and channel scan for , ATSC-Digital Broadcast Tv Stations/Channels , Antenna Channels , Air Channels.

DO NOT channel scan for cable tv channels.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.summitsource.com.

Sells the Gray Hoverman antenna , that is made buy , Antenna Craft , special , for Summit Source.

Model number G 1483 and Supper G 1483 .

And sells 3 versions , 4 bay , 8 bay , 16 bay .

------

The Gray Hoverman is Old antenna design that appeared in Do It Your Self electronic and Ham radio magazines , Many Years Ago.

Antenna Craft , Improved the original design and begin to manufacture and sell the antenna through Antenna Craft sales Many Years Ago.

Now the antenna is sold through Summit Source.

The Gray Hoverman antenna is a Basic Fractal Antenna Design and was thought of , long before computer generated antenna designes.

And the BowTie and X pattern antenna designes are also , basic fractal antenna designes that were thought of long before computer generated antenna designes.

Last edited by teleview; 22-Mar-2014 at 6:54 AM. Reason: Clarify information and typos.