TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 13-Jan-2014, 7:23 PM   #1
Jamienk

Tivo Roamio Reception OTA

I just got a Tivo Roamio for Christmas and I'm having problems with poor reception. I had a TivoHD box previously where the Roamio is hooked up now, and didn't have any issues.

The TivoHD is now hooked up to a TV in my basement is is getting OTA via a Mohu MH-ANT1000 Leaf HDTV Antenna Hooked up through the cable system that was previously in my house. The signal goes to both the TivoHD and the Roamio boxes, but only the Roamio has reception issues.

Below is a link to my signal analysis results:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...5b943c71b899ed
Jamienk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Jan-2014, 10:24 AM   #2
Stereocraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamienk View Post
I just got a Tivo Roamio for Christmas and I'm having problems with poor reception. I had a TivoHD box previously where the Roamio is hooked up now, and didn't have any issues.

The TivoHD is now hooked up to a TV in my basement is is getting OTA via a Mohu MH-ANT1000 Leaf HDTV Antenna Hooked up through the cable system that was previously in my house. The signal goes to both the TivoHD and the Roamio boxes, but only the Roamio has reception issues.

Below is a link to my signal analysis results:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...5b943c71b899ed
If you tried both units on the same coax and the Roamio has problems, it's either defective, or just poor quality.

Of course, I'm talking about interchanging them, w/in a few minutes and not like well, the other one worked when you used it a few months ago. Right?

Too bad it was a gift, but that's how it goes sometimes.
Stereocraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Jan-2014, 10:54 AM   #3
No static at all

Please describe your poor reception. Is reception worse overall, or are you missing certain channels? Is the Roamio set for OTA or cable? If set for cable channels, you will not see any UHF stations.
No static at all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Jan-2014, 2:45 AM   #4
bobdole888

Quote:
Originally Posted by No static at all View Post
Please describe your poor reception. Is reception worse overall, or are you missing certain channels? Is the Roamio set for OTA or cable? If set for cable channels, you will not see any UHF stations.
Why don't you go into tivo settings and read the cable signal strength using both the Romio andn the TivoHD at the same location that you have problem with. See how many dB you are getting for signal to noise ratio.
Your Romio should come with 1 yr warranty. So if the problem is the box, Tivo should be able to replace it for you.
bobdole888 is offline   Reply With Quote