TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 8-May-2010, 9:33 PM   #1
MeMoe
NEWBIE To OTA

Reception on 1st floor ?

Hi ALL, I'm in Montreal, Cda.
I Live in an old brick Apartment Bldg., 1st floor.
I want to purchase a Channel Master 4221HD to put on my balcony railing. I face West, and my report is attached. I would appreciate all the input possible....

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...cd7209044bd6fc

Thanks
MeMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-May-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
teleview

Lightbulb Tv reception

Need more information. Does the apt. extend through to the east side of the building and have window or balcony on the east side? Is the apt. on either end of the building or some where in the middle? Are there any apt, buildings obstructing the view to the north , south , east or west?. Will management allow you to put a Tv antenna on the roof or on the side of the building , up as high as you can get it? Are there any small satellite dishes on the apt. buildings , the reason I ask is because Antennacraft has a Tv antenna that looks like a small dish. However the first choice is a regular Tv antenna. At the >>Start MAPS<< part of tvfool , where are television transmitters CFJP , CBMT , CIVM , CFTU , CJNT , and CKMI located from you? In your case an exact address will be most helpful. I know you are reaching for the American stations , WCFE , WCAX , WPTZ , WETK , WVNY , WCFE , WFFF.

Last edited by teleview; 8-May-2010 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections and update/clarify information.
Old 9-May-2010, 4:06 AM   #3
Dave Loudin

You should also explore what others in your area have done by visiting the Digital Home site. Good luck!
Dave Loudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-May-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
MeMoe
NEWBIE To OTA

Thank you

Thanks for the replies.

As mentioned I'm a newbie, but thought this was going to be like the old school way to stick up antenna and watch TV. LivingRM faces W, there is a E facing gallery, but coax cable would be over 30 FT to LivingRM them . Management not NICE ! Plus access to roof not easy. Most folks have Dishes. City of Montreal planted a TREE in my site of direction so can no longer get Satellite. Cable, had trouble with them with customer service.
I saw this white plastic dish Mini State Amplified HD VHF-UHF Le Source. Is it any good ??
MeMoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-May-2010, 4:46 AM   #5
teleview

Lightbulb Tv reception

Where are the transmitters CFJP , CBMT , CIVM , CFTU , CJNT , CKMI , Located from your Apartment ?????? You say that most people have Satellite dishes , are the dishes mounted on the out side walls of the apt. buildings and or on the roofs????????????? In universal language , what is a gallery ???? Here in the USA it can be a kitchen or a place where people go to play video games or pin ball , that kind of thing. 30 ft. to the living room is nothing. You can find the location of transmitters at the >>START MAPS<< part of tvfool. IF you will like to watch Tv then you need to answer the questions I put forth. Stay with the plan , you can do it the easy way or the hard way. I suggest you do it the hard way first. The old days are gone for ever , get over it. Lets have some big tears for the Newbie!!!!

Last edited by teleview; 16-May-2010 at 4:51 AM.