TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 2-Sep-2013, 12:40 AM   #1
Mem2013

Cutting the cord in Concord, CA

Tv Fool signal report link: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46ae8c2e42a9eb

I just moved out to this town with my wife and a new baby, so I figure what better time to cut the cord then now? The house has an existing satellite dish and cable hook up, which I will try to piggy back off of.

I'd like to receive as many channels as humanly possible, spanish speaking included (shout out to grandma for babysitting during the work week!). Most of these seem pretty easy to get, but I'd like to reach Fox in particular to catch the nfl. There are two Fox channels listed; I'd be curious to hear which y'all think I should shoot for.

I'm a little weary of buying from a non brick and mortar, but I realize my choices would be limited. All that being said, this is a fixed expense so I'm prepared to spend as much as I have to. Glad I got my acct working so I could post here. Thanks in advance.
Mem2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-Sep-2013, 2:52 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

To get started, get a Winegard HD7698P and an RCA TVPRAMP1R preamplifier.

If you point it at San Francisco you can expect to see some of the signals from the Sacramento market. Or if you turn it toward Sacramento, expect to see some of the SF signals.

If you want to maximize your chances at seeing all that you can, you'll need to consider using two antennas. It's not practical to combine these into a single coax, unless you want to literally take on the challenge of building a cable TV head-end using several hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars of equipment per channel. You can make a very practical system by simply running cable from each antenna to each TV location and then terminate one antenna in the built-in tuner, the second in an external tuner. http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=2882

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-Sep-2013, 5:49 PM   #3
Mem2013

Thanks for the quick response, it sounds like I have more homework to do. I'll read up on that link.
Mem2013 is offline   Reply With Quote