jrgagne99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Jun-2018, 12:35 AM   #22
Nascarken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgagne99 View Post
Wow. Just wow.
Yes but it's just so much fun and when I get sick of tv,Dx
With my ham Radio antennas why up hi over the tv antennas.
IT'S CQ CQ CQ,DX,then an agen like $50.000dollars in ham
Stuff,like thay say the man with the most toys before you die wins.lol
Nascarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Jun-2018, 1:49 AM   #23
upks

Thanks to everyone for all the help! I am going to keep the HDB91X and I have ordered the Stellar 30-2476.

When it shows up I'll let you all know my results!
upks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Jun-2018, 4:56 PM   #24
Nascarken
Banned

Good choices on the ANTENNA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by upks View Post
Thanks to everyone for all the help! I am going to keep the HDB91X and I have ordered the Stellar 30-2476.

When it shows up I'll let you all know my results!
If you are putting them together rember 3ft apart too 3,1/2ft
Apart with a mast mount amp,good luck with your antennas!!
Old 3-Aug-2018, 2:22 AM   #25
upks

I got the two antenna's up and pointed the Stellar towards 173° and the hdb91x towards 323°. I am getting about 15 different stations with about 3 channels each. I put them together with the RCA TVPRAMP1Z.

I was getting kgcw which is channel 26 which is at 48°, and yesterday I lost it.

I went up and moved the hdb91x to 49° and it is still not coming in, but I am still getting the channels from 323° I wanted.

Any ideas how to get 26?

Also THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GETTING ME THIS FAR!!!
Old 3-Aug-2018, 11:32 AM   #26
Nascarken
Banned

Are the 2 antennas 4ft apart if not your receive will not happen when 2 hi gane
ANTENNAs are to close together?
Old 3-Aug-2018, 1:29 PM   #27
jrgagne99

Quote:
I went up and moved the hdb91x to 49° and it is still not coming in, but I am still getting the channels from 323° I wanted.

Any ideas how to get 26?
It is curious that KGCW is dropping out because it has a pretty solid Noise Margin for the HDB91X, and you are aimed directly at it. Especially since you say that you ARE pulling in K30NF and KYOU at 323-deg, which are several dB down in NM, apparently on a side-lobe of your HDB91X . You might be in a hot-spot for stations from 323 and a lull for KGCW. The Longley-Rice propagation model used to generate your report has limited resolution and does not capture multi-path constructive and destructive interference caused by signal refraction over the terrain.

When you were previously receiving KGCW, did you happen to notice the signal strength on your TV? If it was only borderline, it would not be surprising to see it drop out now and then with changes to atmospheric conditions, etc. You might try moving the HDB91X up or down a foot or two (or more) to see if that improves it, and/or adjust the aim a few degrees left or right. The HDB91X also has a tilt-angle adjustment, which you could fiddle around with-- some people here have had success using that. Best to do all of your experimenting with a buddy monitoring the signal strength down at the TV, so you have some live feedback as to what is working and what is not. You might want to disconnect and remove the 2476 from the setup while you're making your adjustments to the HDB91X. Then add it the 2476 back in later to see if its presence is having some effect on your UHF reception. Hopefully anything you do to improve reception of KGCW will not adversely affect reception of your stations from 323-deg.

Last edited by jrgagne99; 3-Aug-2018 at 1:34 PM.
jrgagne99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Aug-2018, 2:09 PM   #28
Nascarken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgagne99 View Post
It is curious that KGCW is dropping out because it has a pretty solid Noise Margin for the HDB91X, and you are aimed directly at it. Especially since you say that you ARE pulling in K30NF and KYOU at 323-deg, which are several dB down in NM, apparently on a side-lobe of your HDB91X . You might be in a hot-spot for stations from 323 and a lull for KGCW. The Longley-Rice propagation model used to generate your report has limited resolution and does not capture multi-path constructive and destructive interference caused by signal refraction over the terrain.

When you were previously receiving KGCW, did you happen to notice the signal strength on your TV? If it was only borderline, it would not be surprising to see it drop out now and then with changes to atmospheric conditions, etc. You might try moving the HDB91X up or down a foot or two (or more) to see if that improves it, and/or adjust the aim a few degrees left or right. The HDB91X also has a tilt-angle adjustment, which you could fiddle around with-- some people here have had success using that. Best to do all of your experimenting with a buddy monitoring the signal strength down at the TV, so you have some live feedback as to what is working and what is not. You might want to disconnect and remove the 2476 from the setup while you're making your adjustments to the HDB91X. Then add it the 2476 back in later to see if its presence is having some effect on your UHF reception. Hopefully anything you do to improve reception of KGCW will not adversely affect reception of your stations from 323-deg.
No I Don t think so!!
Old 3-Aug-2018, 2:56 PM   #29
upks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascarken View Post
Are the 2 antennas 4ft apart if not your receive will not happen when 2 hi gane
ANTENNAs are to close together?
Yes they are about 5 foot apart. I have the Stellar on top.
Old 3-Aug-2018, 3:02 PM   #30
upks

I should have mentioned this earlier, but there is a big tower close to the same angle as the station. Not sure but I think it's a cell phone tower. It's a mile or so away, and clearly visible from my roof.

The station came in perfect last night, but I did not check/know how to check signal strength. Gonna figure that out today!
Old 3-Aug-2018, 3:48 PM   #31
Nascarken
Banned

SIGNAL strength meeter

Quote:
I should have mentioned this earlier, but there is a big tower close to the same angle as the station. Not sure but I think it's a cell phone tower. It's a mile or so away, and clearly visible from my roof.

The station came in perfect last night, but I did not check/know how to check signal strength. Gonna figure that out today!
Go in to the tv settings and go to set up it should be there?