View Single Post
Old 1-Oct-2013, 4:44 AM   #3
niteowl

GUM,
Thank you for the reply and information.

I also had the assumption that this antenna was used on the older UHF band. I say this because I believe it was used in conjunction with a VHF antenna, which I also dug out of my attic. There is also evidence left behind that they split the VHF and UHF signal into one with a splitter that I found.

If it was in fact designed to pick up 14-83, then it makes sense that it picks up all my local channels with the antenna pointed at roughly 300*
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46ae3318cc8876

Couple of other interesting tidbits....

Even though it appears that this was strictly designed for UHF, it picks up KFME (VHF-Hi) with ease.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it picks up KVRR very well off the back end of the antenna.

I believe this thing has some great potential for my purposes. Even though the attic placement is horrible, it still manages to pick up everything in green on the analysis report. I am having periodic issues with KXJB-DT & KVLY-DT pixelating and sometimes dropping momentarily (SNR will drop below 16), but I blame the placement for that. I can't wait to see what this thing will do on a 5ft mast mounted on my old dish j-pole!
niteowl is offline   Reply With Quote