View Single Post
Old 13-Apr-2017, 8:14 PM   #13
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
The flatwave performed better than the 1byone antenna.
Then I would suspect there is a defect in the antenna.

Quote:
No idea why I lost Ch. 7.
The Flatwave isn't much on VHF in the first place, then you made an unknowing mistake by attaching it to the metal chair frame. The VHF portion of a Flatwave is around its perimeter and the metal chair frame probably has severely detuned it. See if you can tape the Flatwave to a cardboard box or similar and try again.

FWIW, anyone curious about the Flatwave and Winegard's "Air" and the original "Rayzar" (superceded), they all have the same element in them with the "Air" adding a couple of wires behind it to serve as a reflector.

Quote:
So, your recommendations??
It all boils down to the right antenna in the right place. From our catalog and based on the totality of the information you've provided, I'd put a ClearStream 2V up there with no amplifier at all. I suggest it because it's readily available at almost every Walmart and Best Buy in the country. ...not to overlook mentioning, the sales help pay my salary!

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 13-Apr-2017 at 8:17 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote