Thread: Amplify or no
View Single Post
Old 2-Aug-2011, 8:14 PM   #1
phone man

Amplify or no

Hello. I've been reading several posts here and would like input for my OTA setup. A good friend who's done this before recommended the Channel Master 4228-HD. He says try it first without an amp and see if one is needed. I'll share the tvfool report for my location with you and see what you think. My concerns are the 40 miles distance from nearly all broadcaster towers and none are Line of site. Elevation at my house is 1145 ft and 902 ft in Columbus. I have a clear shot to SSW with no tall trees or obstacles for roughly 1000'. It appears I'm good for maybe 8 or 9 channels if I'm reading this correctly. I'm thinking an amplifier would get me a few more channels since they're mostly the same direction 203 to 215 degrees but I don't want to create too strong a signal and mess up the channels coming from 35 to 40 miles. The amplifier or booster I'm considering is a Channel Master rated at 26db boost.
I have one HDTV and the coax run between it and the antenna would be no more than 50 ft. There is the possibility I might back feed the existing coax to another TV 30 ft beyond the first one.
Thanks!
Here's the report...

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...3e47e33abc7580

Last edited by phone man; 2-Aug-2011 at 8:26 PM.
phone man is offline   Reply With Quote