View Single Post
Old 15-Jan-2014, 12:25 AM   #8
johnodon

Forget everything I said.

I put the ANt751R in my attic tonight and ran a single 50ft coax to my TV in my family room. I am now getting every channel out of Philly at 99% - 100%...including WPVI (Lo VHF 6.1) at ~95%! And it is crumby weather to boot...been raining all day!

I couldn't be happier! I can't believe this little ass antenna is pulling in a dreaded lo vhf channel. All in all the scan found 66 channels of which ~55 are watchable with no glitches at all. Of course...lots of religion, shopping and Spanish so I'll definitely need to setup my favs.

The only channel that I picked up in the scan that is not watchable that I would like to have is 2.1 (KJWP)...and that is only because I could see Gilligan's Island was playing. I'm kinda curious why that one clocks in at ~45% when it looks very similar to 6.1 to me. Thoughts?

Only thing left to do is run the coax out of the wall and down to the basement where everything is split. I'm think I will need some kind of amp to split to 4 TVs but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

Oh...EDIT: The real "last thing" to do is CUT THE CORD!!! That happens tomorrow! W00t!

John
johnodon is offline   Reply With Quote