View Single Post
Old 15-Jun-2019, 11:55 AM   #6
Badfish740

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
Based on the terrain profile between you and NYC, only extraordinary measures such as an unusually tall tower (100' or taller) would make some reception form NYC a plausible possibility. Aiming toward Philly has greater potential but would also require mounting a large antenna above the peaks of nearby trees.
I sent rabbit73 my address for further analysis, so we'll see what he comes back with, but I did some investigation of my own via Google "My Maps" which allows one to plot coordinates on a map (ie: My house, various transmission towers) and draw lines between them. The line of sight between my house and the Comcast building in Center City Philadelphia literally threads the needle between two 800+ foot peaks. However, the line between my house and the Roxboro towers runs right through one 800+ foot peak, so not sure how that would impact signal. We were with some friends last night that live up the mountain from us who can get OTA from Philly and NYC with ease using an antenna like this one mounted outside:

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-.../dp/B01IN2777A

They have since upgraded so my buddy loaned me his old one-I'm going to play around with it just to see what, if anything, I can receive.
Badfish740 is offline   Reply With Quote