View Single Post
Old 22-Mar-2018, 7:00 PM   #22
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by corson6 View Post
Here is a pic of my outside antenna. The WICD 41 tower is BEHIND the tree. So far it's just been a either/or experiment. I don't really know what kind of antenna that is in the attic (or exactly how to shield it with foil and cardboard from WAND 41) Again I would really like to be able to get WCCU DT 27.1 When the interference happens, I see little color squares popping up over the top of the old B&W re-runs I like, so does this mean WICD 41 is trying to come in over the top of WCCU? Thanks again for all the help!

Thank you for the photo of your outside antenna; it looks like a Winegard HD-1080.

For best reception of WCCU, the antenna should be aimed at WCCU. The tree is not big enough to block the WICD signal.
Quote:
When the interference happens, I see little color squares popping up over the top of the old B&W re-runs I like, so does this mean WICD 41 is trying to come in over the top of WCCU?
Yes, WICD is so strong it is damaging the WCCU signal which increases the errors in the WCCU signal and results in pixelation.

The Winegard HD-1080 antenna isn't very directionaj. For best reception of WCCU the antenna needs to be more directional so that it will reject the WICD signal. If that isn't enough, a shield would need to be placed between the antenna and the WICD signal. For an outside antenna, the shield can be a wire mesh screen or a building that blocks the WICD signal, but doesn't block the WCCU signal.

The coax must be grounded with a grounding block connected to the house electrical system ground to reject interference from WICD.

If even that isn't enough, you will need a custom channel 41 bandstop filter to make the WICD signal weaker. If that works, you will need another custom filter when WICD moves to channel 32:
https://www.rabbitears.info/market.p...&callsign=wicd

Just having one antenna isn't going to get all the channels you want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Winegard HD-1080 gain.jpg (145.9 KB, 1524 views)
File Type: jpg corson6TVFantenna4.jpg (172.8 KB, 1487 views)

Last edited by rabbit73; 22-Mar-2018 at 8:19 PM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote