View Single Post
Old 31-Mar-2017, 8:53 PM   #6
OTAfreetv

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
Winegard has discontinued a lot of their models; what is left is the 7694, 7698 and the 8200. The 7694 might be suitable for Philly, but you haven't given us an accurate tvfool report. The 7694 might even be suitable for NYC if you don't need VHF-Low channel like WJLP, WPXO, and WKOB. You didn't give us a NYC list.

I don't see WLVT on your report. Using the interactive map, it is listed just below WLIW with a NM of -0.8 dB.

WLIW is your weakest listed channel AND it is in a different direction than NYC. If it is that important to you, it will require special extra effort.
Forgot about WLVT. I used to watch it but was using the uhf/vhf antenna now facing NYC with a rotator. Tough station to get but it has such low power and is far away. I can give it up to gain WLIW as they are both PBS stations.

Quote:
I wouldn't think of saying that, there are too many variables involved. You must be prepared to do some experimentation if you want to improve on what you have. You are mixing real and virtual channel numbers, which is confusing, and your zip code report is centered on 40.433341,-74.411525, which is at the intersection of Ranger Rd and Farms Rd Cir. I have no idea how close that is to your actual address.
Very, very close to those coordinates.

Quote:
I suggest you try a Winegard HD7694P in both directions to see what you can get. If it doesn't give you what you want, you will have to go bigger. And buy some new RG6 coax.
I think my best bet is to get the 8200 for NYC, no rotator so I'll have to point it to where I get the most stations or favor WLIW if the antenna can still give me a good signal on the other NYC channels.

As for Philly (S-W-N directions). I might pick the 7697 if I can find one. The 7895 is gone but maybe someone has one. What is Winegard going to replace these antennas with?
OTAfreetv is offline   Reply With Quote