View Single Post
Old 24-Jun-2014, 12:18 AM   #6
StephanieS

No problem, glad to help out when I can.

Regarding the rotor, think of this way. If you can achieve the desired reception without one, then why put one up? It's another device than can fail and will require a trip up to your roof to fix. Think of it as streamlining, lol.

As to WDSE PBS 8, your TVfool map only gives you a reasonable guideline. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you are unlucky. The TV fool map just gives you a baseline based on topography and doesn't account for localized variables.

When I recommended a setup, I didn't even factor in the gray shaded signals. These are stereotypically not going to be received. That's why WDSE didn't get factored into my thoughts. Again though, you could get lucky.

I focused on the KRII NBC, K24JR-D (WRPT, PBS), K26KM-D (WIRT, ABC) and K28LN-D (KQDS, FOX) as your signals with the strongest chance of successful reception.

The HBU11 is nice because it's small and in the right situation it can perform well. I have a RCA ANT751 (similar design) suburban antenna as my secondary. Mine under line of sight conditions can receive reliably to about 15 db above zero signal strengh. The HBU11 won't receive the signals at 227 magnetic though, they are too weak. Those require a more aggressive antenna. With KRII being 42 db, the HBU11 should do just fine. You can also take in ADTech's recommendation, both can work. It's just a personal decision which one you go with.

Regarding FOX see K28LN-D, that translator rebroadcasts FOX's main signal.

Good luck!
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote