View Single Post
Old 1-May-2012, 12:35 PM   #11
joecacti

Ah, maybe I wasn't completely clear. I live about .5 mile from the Big Building in question, and about 5 miles from the transmitters. Using Google Earth and it's awesome 'ruler' feature, I can tell that the building is right in the path of the LOS. In addition to the Big Building, the city of Baltimore is right between me and the tower, offering additional opportunities for multipath.

Also, there are 3 towers on that hill, and I took bearings for each of them. For all of the bearings, the Big Building is in the path.

What I cannot confirm just yet is whether I can see the tower lights above that building from my roof. I don't think I can, but it was cloudy last night, and it's cloudy today. I have a hunch that I cannot, because even though the tower is tall and on a hill, I'm down by the harbor, the hill and tower are not THAT tall, and the city and the Big Building are in the way.

I have already laid out a bunch of money for the omnidirectional antenna that didn't work, and I can try to get rid of it on craigslist, but I do have to ask: Is there an equivalent to that HD7696P from RadioShack that I can try? I'd like to have a convenient place to return the equipment if it's just not going to happen...
joecacti is offline   Reply With Quote