Thread: Micco, FL
View Single Post
Old 18-Feb-2015, 4:14 PM   #4
lobo012847

Thanks for your response! Yes, after sending my request for assistance I did a little more research and the LAVA products seem to be of dubious quality. I did find a
Winegard FlatWave Air Outdoor Amplified HDTV Antenna (FL6550A)
● Dual band High VHF/UHF
● +60 mile range
● Weight: 2.92 lbs
● Dimensions: 14”x14”x 4”
● 1 year limited warranty
This seems to be a new antenna type from Winegard. The construction also seems to be much better. It is in a cast aluminum case.

I also looked at the ClearStream™ 4 Ultra Long Range UHF TV Antenna. It seems to be a good quality piece also. But, it is not UHF/VHF.
What do you think about these? Is either one better for my use than the other?
I have also spoken with the HOA and there are not any major restrictions on antennas, except those of the FCC. But, size is a consideration. Many of the "long range" antennas are 5 - 6 feet long. Way to big for here, as this is a Manufactured Home community. The 18 ft height is just an "educated guess. However. I do not want this attached to my steel roof, and the possibility of needing to remove the antenna during a hurricane is always there. I was thinking of using an eaves mount to secure the mast at the top end and probably a stand off type mount on the side of the house. Mentioning the steel roof makes me wonder -- could the roof cause additional problems with the signal reception?

Thanks again for your help. I REALLY appreciate it!!
lobo012847 is offline   Reply With Quote