View Single Post
Old 1-Mar-2017, 2:13 AM   #12
CHD Dad

Thanks for looking that up, I had no idea FM could cause issues.

See Deyoung? I am the house directly across the street! I am 0.4 miles from the FM tower according to that site you linked.

That map is old even though it says 2017, those 3 Cypress behind house are now a row and that big field to the left is becoming a subdivision/church. We're actually building a new house on same property along Satterfield and parents are moving into the house on map. Where new house sits also has a row of Cypress blocking views from Satterfield and the farm beyond. That could be even harder for an antenna, it sits down in a little valley vs. current house. It's at least 20+ feet lower in elevation. I'll be installing an antenna there as well.

The coax is grounded to the electrical system of the house via a large grounding block and solid copper wire. The actual antenna itself is grounded to the same grounding block via solid copper wire. Sitting up on a hill with a metal rod sticking up in the air I want everything grounded.

I am guessing even with FM filters I will still need a VHF antenna but at least this gives me an idea of why a new antenna may also have issues.

Last edited by CHD Dad; 1-Mar-2017 at 2:20 AM.
CHD Dad is offline   Reply With Quote