View Single Post
Old 17-Jul-2011, 2:55 AM   #42
scott784

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Candle View Post
This is not a opinion based web site , if it was it would quickly degenerate in to a fascinating mess where no one would get any real answers. I go to the other web sites and I read and see what is happening. People come here with a head full ridiculous nonsense. My mission here is to cut through layers of non correct information with a firm and steady hand and provide the information they need to have the best Tv reception.
John,
You give a considerable amount of your time on this forum. I should also add that I am sure most of the participants on this board appreciate your time and efforts. I know I have in past discussions with you.

However, with all due respect, perhaps you could have been a little softer in your approach here. Svtarheel obviously does not have any personal experience with the Mohu Leaf antenna, no more than I have any 'personal' experience with this antenna. But, he merely stated that he had read positive reviews about this particular antenna. He was not asking for speculation, nor was he asking for endorsements. He simply indicated that he would like to try the antenna out. I had replied that I also had read positive reviews; and that I liked the fact that they were a local company. That's all.

'You' made the decision to respond to his comment regarding this antenna in this thread. But when you responded, you simply stated 'boohoo' to the Mohu Leaf antenna. Since you've made it known that you have lots of real world experience with various types of antennas, perhaps it would have been more helpful if you had given a brief explanation regarding why you do not endorse this particular product. But you chose not to give any specific reason other than to say you deal with facts only and something about you feeling like this company is promising 'magic'. Have you tried the antenna? Again, no one here was endorsing the antenna, John, or suggesting that it is the greatest. But I must say, you responded in a way that took more than one person by surprise.

This is a good site and it is members like yourself that make it work. But I also think it's important that everyone have a positive experience and not leave this forum, feeling like they've got to apologize to someone for something that was unnecessary in the first place. Just something for you to ponder, John

Thank you for your continued participation as well as the help that you have provided forum members.

Last edited by scott784; 21-Jul-2011 at 2:05 AM.
scott784 is offline   Reply With Quote