View Single Post
Old 25-Oct-2016, 11:33 PM   #12
Snogoers

Frustration! I tried the RCA preamp today. I hooked it up to try it to see if it would make a difference. I scanned the channels and all 13 came in with very strong signals. The lowest was probably 70% based on the TV signal strength indicator! So I wanted to complete the setup. I placed the rubber boots over the cable ends and tightened everything up good. When I went back to checking the channels I could only get channel 8 (3 PBS) 100% and channel 13 ABC (3 channels) 10 - 20%. I can't get Fox (2 channels), CBS (3 channels), 0r NBC (2 channels) at all as it won't p/u the signal for them!! I don't know what I did?? I checked the connections, adjusted the preamp closer to antenna, and tried slightly different positions on antenna aim but nothing works! Is it possible that the preamp went bad at electrical connection? Or would I not pick up anything if that were the case? I still do not have a grounding block and cable is laying on ground and overhang of roof. But I was getting strong signals on all 13 channels until I secured everything at antenna end!
I also tried just the cable without the signal amplifier prior to the preamp. There was some loss of signal strength on some of the channels without improvement on 50.
Snogoers is offline   Reply With Quote