View Single Post
Old 17-Oct-2016, 5:39 PM   #1
Snogoers

Help with Reception on a Couple of Channels

Hello! I've not posted for around 5 years when I did my first and last post! I'm cutting the Dish and going to OTA tv along with Netflix. I have just installed a GE Pro Outdoor Yagi Antenna #33685 on the southeast corner of our house aproximately 25 feet up facing south/southeast. It is located under the eave on that side of the house facing the 2 distant channels I'm having trouble receiving. The antenna indicates 70 mile reception area on the box. I have a 100 foot cable running from antenna to house. Inside the house I have this cable connected to a GE Video Signal Amplifier#33341 and then the cable run to the TV in our basement family room. There are 6 towers that I should be able to pick up with 13 channels. The main channels of 11 and 13 are the ones I am having trouble receiving. All the others are pulling in a consistent 100% strength. The two towers at 56.4 miles each are either getting very low or no signal strength today. I had all 13 channels when I initially hooked up yesterday but now 13 is at 10% and 11 cannot be picked up. I've attached a copy of the TV Fool report for review. I am wondering if an antenna amplifier on the antenna itself will help me out?? Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: png Radar-Digital.png (64.7 KB, 928 views)
Snogoers is offline   Reply With Quote