View Single Post
Old 6-Feb-2012, 4:06 AM   #4
MisterMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northshore22 View Post
I live on 1st floor and there is no patio or balcony, but the building is up on the hill. I can return the leaf antenna if it's no good. I can get only 3 or 4 channels (PBS, CBS, NBC little weak) with ~65% signal strength. What antenna would you recommend? Thank you.
Your TV Fool Radar plot indicates that you have ample signal strength outside the walls of your apartment. The fact that your building is on a hill should make your reception even better. What this all means is that your Leaf antenna is not the source of your problems. It also means that replacing your Leaf antenna will not fix your problems. Any other antenna placed where you currently have your Leaf antenna will likely have the same issue. As Electron has already advised you, aim your Leaf antenna approximately southwest--238° magnetic to the southwest to be more accurate.

Do you know the construction material used for your building's exterior walls? In the case of stucco, the stucco mixture is spread over a steel mesh which makes an excellent RF shield. If the exterior is plain brick or stone, then you may hang the antenna high on a southwest wall near the ceiling. Better yet, place it in a window with a view of the southwest. With the signal strength at your location, you should be able to receive a stable signal even with the Leaf antenna pointed due south or due west.
MisterMe is offline   Reply With Quote