View Single Post
Old 25-Aug-2017, 4:37 PM   #4
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
I have not purchased anything as of yet for my outdoor antenna, but i have asked on facebook (curious about what others in the location did) and was given these two items as an option:
The CM-3020 is a large all-channel design. As there are no low-VHF stations in your area and none likely to ever exist, you should not need an antenna with low-VHF capability. You could use it, but the huge elements on the back are going to do nothing useful except give perches for birds and collect ice in the winter. That sucker is also 12.5' long and 8' wide.

The CM7777 is ill-suited for your location, the local signals are strong enough to cause serious overloading issues.

So much for asking Facebook...Amazon reviews would be about as useful..
Quote:
new setup that will be capable of reaching the 3 channels in pink,
Which three? I'd assume that you want the two VHF stations, but are you serious about getting any of the UHF stations from Quincy? You might want to take a look at the content to be sure the effort needed matches your desire for the stations.

How about PBS? your only viable options are for KIIN translators out of IA and they're going to require considerably more effort.

FWIW, our recent summer intern is a business student in Kirksville. I gave him an Eclipse to use in his off-campus apartment for the two local stations. He said it works fine for him.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote