View Single Post
Old 17-Aug-2011, 4:43 PM   #1
sphen

newbie help on ditching cable..

hi guys! first off - i really appreciate anyones help here as it really looks like a vast resource of knowledge... looks like everyone else is having the same idea as me lately and trying to replace my expensive tv service with other options...

i do not currently have anything in the home and would be looking for an antenna to pick up digital broadcasts. i really only want the basics - CBS, NBC, ABC etc. it looks like many of te broadcasts are either at 33deg of 250deg. I would love to be able to get both NYC and CT but dont know how that would work.

i would like to have an attic antenna as putting something on the roof i think would be unsightly -- i have regular asphalt shingles on the roof - old wood framing. the house is two stories, so the attic is pretty high up. there may be a tree in the way towards the CT stations, but i think its clear heading to NYC.

here is the plot:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9e74d9f373fdad

what would be your best suggestion without getting too crazy (expensive) -- and what should i really expect to get? one other site said i would only get like 4 channels but this one seems to show quite a bit more...

any help would be great! thanks...
sphen is offline   Reply With Quote