View Single Post
Old 17-Apr-2012, 1:29 PM   #11
arejay73

Installation Update

Thanks for all of the advice presented here. I wanted to give you guys an update to see if it would help.

I noticed on one of my TVs there was a signal strength meter. So, I decided to see what the numbers showed. It is not a technical measurement since it is only using percentages, but I think it helps me understand the situation.

So, I plugged the antenna directly into the outside coax which goes to the tv. here are the signal readings.

2-1 100%
5-1 100%
8-1 68%
8-2 58%
11-1 98%
14-1 49%
36-1 100%
46-1 100%
69-1 100%

I then had a only two way splitter lying around, it said something like 2500MHz on the front. I noticed the three way splitter recommended by GroundUrMast is 3GHz. I am hoping for better performance there. Here where the numbers when I placed the two way splitter.

14-1 drops to 8% I basically don't receive it anymore.
8-1 around 55-60%
my other main channels stayed pretty much the same.

So, I am going to get this three way splitter and try it. I would love to figure out a way to keep the lower reception channels that are received without the splitter connected without having to invest in a bigger/better or dual antennas. I am try to do this on a low budget. Maybe I will just have to do in stages where I get the First antenna working and then upgrade the install with a second antenna or more expensive antenna to pull in the weaker channels.

I will update this thread after I try with the three way splitter. Thanks again for your advice and expertise.
arejay73 is offline   Reply With Quote