View Single Post
Old 11-Oct-2010, 4:17 PM   #21
cardinalfanrc

Thanks for the additional suggestions. I moved the antenna to the other side of the chimney this weekend and my signal on channel 7 increased from 60 to 90. With our toddlers terrorizing the house, I haven't had a chance to see what affect this has on the picture quality. I'll update soon.

kb2fzq, I've tried hard to notice a pattern to the pixelation but haven't come up with much. However, we just don't watch enough TV to have a great sampling. But it seems to occur at all times of the day/night in a random pattern. I've started a record of each time it occurs to see if I can figure out a pattern. As far as RFI goes, I did unplug everything in the house (except the TIVO and receiver) and it didn't help. I'll try again by turning everything off at the circuit breaker and also turning off cell phones.

Tower Guy, can I get an HLSJ at Fry's. I assume L is the low input (which I leave empty) and then run cable from the high input to my TV? Will this mess up any of the other channels (major networks are all I'm interested in)?

I'm hoping the repositioning of the antenna with increased singly strength solves my problem. If not then, I guess it would seem to be an interference problem. I'll keep you updated.
cardinalfanrc is offline   Reply With Quote