View Single Post
Old 10-May-2015, 6:04 PM   #14
eden

Smile PBS problem solved

I've solved my PBS problem. I now receive channel 32 (virtual channel 26) 100% of the time. I bought a new (better?) combiner and went back to combining a C2 and a C2V, one pointed straight at Summit (Sauratown Mtn.) at 263° and the other pointed at roughly 193° for Bunn Level and Randleman. Since I did this all the Greensboro and Winston-Salem stations are a full five bars except for channel 32 (two or three bars) and channel 35 (virtual channel 8) which is one bar and still hit and miss. I'm very happy with this result even if it's not a textbook way to solve the problem. Anyway, each antenna feeds the combiner, which goes to the VHF/UHF diplexer on the C2V, which in turn goes to the PA18 preamp.

Once a friend cuts down a tree that's on the north corner of my roof I plan to put a C4 there pointed at Roanoke with a separate feedline for the VA stations and an A/B switch. As I've noted before channel 17 actually has a very strong signal here contrary to the TV Fool report, and that will give me FOX. Right now if I really want to watch that channel I use an indoor antenna. Yes, the signal is that strong but it doesn't come in off the back of the existing antennas.

Despite the DB8e not working for me I'm still a fan of Antennas Direct. The antennas I have do a great job and are small enough for me to handle easily.

Last edited by eden; 10-May-2015 at 6:48 PM. Reason: correction
eden is offline   Reply With Quote