View Single Post
Old 16-Nov-2015, 11:43 PM   #8
skatingrocker17

You will need a rotator then if you're trying to get Toledo/Detroit. Although, regardless of what direction your antenna is pointed your Cleveland station will still probably come in. I used to live about 25 minutes south of Toledo and regardless of what direction my antenna was pointed, I could get Toledo stations due to the signal strength being strong.

You will probably never be able to get the Detroit stations reliably, your antenna would have to be aimed in the right direction and be very high. I would always try to get Detroit, and I was a little closer than you. Most nights they would come in, but since the Detroit stations were in the same direction as the Toledos stations for me, I think that made it more difficult. I would normally see WXYZ, WDIV, and WTVS. CBET channel 9 was pretty rare to see, although it did use to be offered on our Time Warner Cable.

In our bedroom, I have a flat wall UHF antenna, but it is still able to pick up our local Fox 2 Detroit station (real channel 7), so you may be able to get your local VHF Fox station with an UHF antenna too, if the signal is strong enough.
skatingrocker17 is offline   Reply With Quote