View Single Post
Old 27-Dec-2010, 7:25 AM   #9
Yaguy

Finding Appropriate Outdoor Antenna

Thanks John Candle

I have read about the 'virtual' PSIP stream numbers that appear on the digital to analogue converter boxes, whereas the real UHF channel they're broadcasting on is usually quite different. I was checking what all the local and ones within reach of me are, and what signal strength the station is transmitting in helping to determine an antenna as well. (Plus some could be "reassigned" to high VHF, so I guess I'll still hold on to my old antenna for now- it's like the CM-3020 but less on the UHF side.) I did figure that the local stations and KBCB and KVOS in Bellingham were something I could still receive. I don't know if tropospheric bounce phenomena can be expected with UHF in summer.

I'm just waiting for there to be more availability of Digital Converter Boxes up here, as of right now there isn't much and they're significantly more expensive than the same cheap ones in the US.

I had not thought about an indoor antenna again. What about the CM-4221HD, CM-4228HD, or the Winegard 9032 for UHF. The Antennacraft U8000 looks a bit more flimsy than the CM-4228HD. What's your opinion on these or the HBU Antennacraft line?

From what I read earlier, the CRTC in Canada doesn't think a coupon for converter box program is needed and is leaving it up to the Federal Government to make that decision.
Yaguy is offline   Reply With Quote