View Single Post
Old 1-Sep-2013, 8:11 PM   #16
GroundUrMast

Ah... I didn't read carefully. Your patience is equally appreciated. The ANT-751 would make a very good camper antenna.

The HD1850 does qualify as a 'deep fringe' antenna, as does the Winegard HD7698P. A significant difference between the two is that the 1850 has intentional support for real channels 2 through 6, the 7698 does not.

If you know of credible talk about adding one or more translators in your area, and they are likely to be using channel 2 through 6, the 1850 would be worth the money and extra wind load area. Otherwise, I'll stick with my recommendations in post #2 of this thread.

You can click on the call signs of each station on your report to see the path profile. It appears that you are severely shadowed by very tall terrain. You are no doubt needing to tilt the antenna toward the top of the ridge where the signals are diffracting over toward you. I would expect there to be sources of reflected signals also.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 4-Sep-2013 at 3:43 AM. Reason: grammar
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote