View Single Post
Old 23-Jun-2012, 7:16 AM   #15
BikingBrian

Made it up to the mountain cabin tonight, and the antenna install will happen this weekend. Here's a photo of where I'll install (deleted), sorry for the horrible nighttime quality, but it should be good enough for my additional question.

The satellite dish is going to come down, and the tripod is going on the roof peak as close to the foreground as I can. That is the best spot to get around the pine trees and have LOS from the UHF antenna to the signals from the Victorville translator at about 45 degrees. (Can't tell from the photo, so you'll have to take my word on that.)

I took the photo at about 240 degrees from where the tripod would be. So the VHF antenna for Mount Wilson would be pointed towards me. As you can see, there's a big pine tree trunk to the right. Am I far enough away from it, or would I have to move the tripod further along the roof peak? (That would be to the left and backwards in the photo). Though the problem with doing that is it may then put a pine tree in between the UHF antenna and the Victorville translator.

Last edited by BikingBrian; 1-Jul-2012 at 5:25 AM. Reason: Removed bad link to photo which no longer exists.
BikingBrian is offline   Reply With Quote