Thread: Picture quality
View Single Post
Old 29-May-2017, 12:43 PM   #16
harold

JoeAZ, I found the end of that race! I know something is being done with the translator. Yesterday I set the TIVO to record the Nascar race. I did a manual setting for 8 hours. I set it to start at 3:00 o'clock, end at 11. This setting was OKC 25 on frequency 44. I also set to record same time slot on 18 frequency 15 from Wichita Falls Texas. Both Fox stations. Weather condition was great, light northern breeze temp in low 90's. About six o'clock I started watching the race on 25. Perfect picture no pixilating until ten. Seven hours recorded perfect then within ten minutes searching for signal. By that time I was watching live due to a rain delay. Soon as as 25 started pixilating I switched to 18 and finished the race. After the race was over I checked the recording to be sure of time. Since I wasn't recording any more I preformed a signal strength and all but two were in the upper sixties. 9 CBS frequency 35 and 25 Fox frequency 44. Frequency 44 had no signal and 35 had peak of 52 with pixilating when dropping into the upper 40's. According to tvfool the NM for the Wichita Falls channel 6 frequency 22 should be the most difficult channel for me. I seldom lose that signal. I even recorded and watched the Indy on ABC 7 frequency 11. Since I can't get 5 on frequency 18 ABC. Conflicting frequency 18 PBS channel 10. The high VHF 11 came in perfect from 40 miles away with my hdb90x UHF antenna. Did you see the link for antenna direct? I checked it out and when I entered my ZIP no antenna found any channels! I'm convinced my problem isn't my setup or the TiVo tuner. Not enough antenna users so I believe power is being cut.
harold is offline   Reply With Quote