View Single Post
Old 12-Mar-2014, 3:18 AM   #44
mulliganman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
The CM3414 was still installed,was it not?

I'd like to see 100% stable reception of all your channels before committing to the additional expense of the AC7.

Can you re-run the individual antenna tests without the Holland splitter installed? IOW, one at a time, connect each antenna to the input of the CM3414 using the shortest possible cable run. How long would that cable be for each antenna?

What does the line of sight from the C2V look like on the signal path towards Fordland? Clear, a few trees, a lot of trees, houses, etc? I'm concerned that if reception isn't stable now and if there are trees, your reception ill fall off a cliff as soon as the trees leaf out.
Reran the individual tests without the Holland 2FS used as a reverse splitter. Each antenna was separately connected to an "in" port on the CM3414 distribution amp.

1) 91XG picked up all channels. Initial testing showed no pixelation or issues.

2)C2V even picked up Fox KRBK (although at pitiful strength). Pixelation was visible on KSPR (33.1 ABC) on downstairs TV connected to Channel Master DVR+

After the individual tests I reconnected the 91XG to the CM3414 distribution amp solely to see how it would do over an extended period of time. This time I noticed noticed pixelation issues on KSPR (33.1 ABC), PBS (21.2), and KYTV (3.1 NBC) on downstairs television connected to Channel Master DVR+.

I would say that the line of sight for the C2V is for the most part fairly clear.

There is plenty of coaxial cable coming from both antennas to bypass the Holland 2FS being used as a reverse splitter. The connection piece of coax going from this splitter to the CM3414 is less than a foot long.

Given these results, please let me know your thoughts.
mulliganman is offline   Reply With Quote