View Single Post
Old 12-Oct-2015, 7:59 PM   #16
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
All that said, are you suggesting that there is no hope in my case?
Nope. Just pointing out that, despite planning everything as best one knows how, there are these little things called "gremlins" that can bite you in the back side.

I've also learned (the hard way) that, when you're on the back side of a hill, any signal prediction made by the simulator ought to be marked "for entertainment and speculative purposes only", kind of like a home value estimate on Zillow....

Patience and persistence will be your virtues when getting up in the attic. Be (very) happy if it works the first. Don't be surprised if you have to try multiple locations and that you may have to separate the VHF unit significantly from the rest of the UHF antenna. It happens.

If convenience and local availability is a plus for you, either the C2V (Walmart or Best Buy) or the C4V (BB only) would be my suggestions since you could pick one up today. If you're in no hurry, then the DB4e/VHF kit would be my suggestion. If you should go with BB, keep a very close eye on their very restrictive return policy.

Quote:
The HOA just won't allow it.
I didn't catch it if you are in a condo or a single family residence. If it's a condo or similar, they control the roof and the rest of the exterior (except your private use areas). If it's a private, single family residence, they usually can not.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote