View Single Post
Old 28-Feb-2017, 4:54 PM   #6
CHD Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake V View Post
Getting rid of the interference could be simply a matter of just choosing a different location. Often moving the antenna up, down, a few inches in another direction, or to a different point on the roof makes all the difference. If I were you I'd take a fresh length of coax, connect it to a tv nearby and walk the roof to find the best spot. You're going to want the antenna pointed northwest (about 325 degrees) with a clear view.
I've got a 100' length of coax I can connect to the outside cable connection and can walk around up there. It's a shallow slope so I can easily walk the roof. I used a digital compass to aim right at 325 degrees, all other stations come in perfectly that we would want. Just 13.1 is out. It barely even tries to come in, it is just a pixelated mess.

Clear view will never happen. We have an entire privacy screen of very tall Leyland Cypress trees along the direction of all the TV stations. They're a reasonable distance away, around 80 feet, but they're very tall and pretty much make a solid screen. It affords privacy to a future subdivision going in next door so they are not coming down!

If I move the pole should I be looking at a bigger antenna if I can get the front to back clearance? The friend I borrowed this antenna from has a Winegard 7694P mounted up in his attic aiming through his roof and a decorative dormer and he gets 13.1 perfectly! He is also 20 miles south of me so even further away from the station antennas.
CHD Dad is offline   Reply With Quote