View Single Post
Old 13-Jul-2012, 2:37 AM   #1
energyzer

Question antenna pointing questions

Hello all! I'm new here. I'm in the process of installing some OTA antennas, and would like some advise. Thanks in advance for your help! First, my report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9900d112d6d96e
Next the antennas that I purchased. I got two, the clearstream 5 and the DB4e. I plan to use my existing DirectV mount and put a 10' pipe in so it sits up probably around 20-25' in the air to the top of the pipe. I contacted antennas direct, and all they said was to point the C5 East, and the DB4e West. In looking over this site and others, it appears that there is more to it than that. Can someone help me figure out at what exact angle, or direction to point for maximum reception? The guys at Ant. Dir. also said that the two had to be 2-3 feet apart from each other. Any recomendations on which antenna to put on top? Also, where I want to mount it, to the East, there is a tall tree, maybe 40 feet away. There is also powerlines that run down the alley......no where near the pole, but will the noise on the lines interfear?
energyzer is offline   Reply With Quote