View Single Post
Old 18-Aug-2011, 7:14 PM   #2
lukepoll

Indoor vs. Attic vs. Outdoor antenna suggestion

Hello folks,
I just moved to south Houston and I would like to set up an OTA TV system. Here is the report from TVF: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9e74014970f53e

The home is in a flat residential area, with no major obstruction from high rises or trees. The major airport is located 14 miles at 30deg azimuth (90deg apart from the antenna farm). The signals look quite strong so, like for most people, it comes down to the antenna selection that won’t overdo/underdo the job.

Here are the possibilities:

- Indoor: the closet can host a small directional antenna (Terk HDTVa or equivalent), but it would be pointed to the metal garage door.

- Attic: it is located right above the garage, but the roof is insulated with foil-backed barrier (TechShield). I may have access to a vinyl siding with no foil that faces the antenna farm general direction, but I am not sure how much room I have to install and aim the antenna. Would the Techshield be a total killer?

- Outdoor: obviously the best solution, but I would avoid for greater simplicity of the previous ones and to avoid drilling the roof.

Without having tried any antenna before, I do not really know what to expect from any of the listed solutions, but I am sure you do. It would be great if you suggest where to start from.

Thanks for your advice!!!
Luca
lukepoll is offline   Reply With Quote