View Single Post
Old 12-Sep-2018, 1:07 PM   #18
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv
Yes now I can see the pictures! The tower in 2011 looks a little on the low side. I don’t remember when, apparently after 2011, at the top of the tower section is a 30’ 3 part telescoping mast. The bottom section lowers down into the tower via a crank and pulley system. Right now the antenna is just above the top of the tower.

I don’t have a good tool for measuring the signal, I get conflicting data. There are 6 cable runs in the house going to 4 TV’s, 1 tuner and a FM radio. Yes FM comes off of the 7698. The FM trap is due in on Friday. I will be able to find out very quickly if it works. There are 2 primary runs. Most important one is a 23’ home run to the Silicon Dust Tuner (SDT). Then theres a 37’ run to a dual splitter -3.5db per leg that feeds LG TV and Dish Hopper OTA tuner. Other 4 runs are in the doesn’t really matter category.

On the SDT I’ve tried with no PA through the DA, with PA through DA, with PA no DA no splitter, then through unbalanced 3 way splitter on both the 3.5 & 7 leg. All 3 legs are terminated so there are no termination issues. Ch 5 (17) CBS is the most problematic of the stations coming in, it comes and goes. (Ch 12 & 3 (24) don’t come in at current height) It’s best performance is with no PA through the DA. All this is at 33’ I guess everything changes at 58’ but I’m trying to get the best performance possible before putting it back up..
Thank you for the additional information. Looking forward to your next test results.

Glad that you can now see the photos.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote