View Single Post
Old 2-Oct-2013, 2:06 AM   #30
Damon459

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
Quad shield is not going to help, the antenna allows desired signal along with whatever interference is in the air into the coax. The extremely small amount of signal or interference that could leak in through the shield of standard coax is already much much less than you need to be concerned with. If the signal meter reading is stable when you wiggle the coax at the connector, it's probably just fine, I've yet to have trouble with any compression style connector. (Crimp connectors are a different story....)

Both the 91XG and PR9032 are designs that covered channels 14 to 69. They both tend to favor the higher channels. If cost is an issue, and you already get K14IU-D with an small indoor antenna, the DB4e would be my choice. It's a newer design, concentrating on real channels 14 to 51, which gives it better performance than older antennas of a similar configuration. The DB4e is also going to have less wind loading.
New Development, I'm now picking up Real Channel 8 which is channel 7 AKA K08PR-D with as well as K14IU-D and KPAX-DT. Signals are as follows with the RCA ANT751 no pre-amp, K08PR-D 48-52, KPAX-DT 48-52, K14IU-D 82-84 based on my tv signal meter. I'm happy with these channels for the time being as I'm trying to convince KTMF-DT to put a repeater onto the same tower as K14IU-D giving me all the locals if I can convince them. Based on these numbers I'm actually happy with my existing antenna but wondered which pre-amp would be based based on these numbers? Obviously I don't need as powerful a pre-amp as I once thought, so should I try another rca tvpramp1r or should I go higher price with the PA18 UHF / VHF Antenna Pre-Amplifier Kit or this might sound crazy but what about the Micron Variable In-Line Amplifier Kit ? I'm curious about the Micron Variable In-Line Amplifier Kit because it has 3 settings. I know I'm getting to be a bit of a pest here so please bare with me if this works I'll be happy.
Damon459 is offline   Reply With Quote